[LON-CAPA-users] functionplotresponse problems

SIMIN, GRIGORY SIMIN at engr.sc.edu
Sat Jun 1 12:31:09 EDT 2019

Hi, HK
I attached one of the problems using function plot response that I’ve created and used in my Electric Circuits class.
It works fine except there are several  peculiarities that one has to keep in mind when using function plot response.
Most of them I’ve learned by trial and error.
1. Function plot problem cannot be a part of composite page.
2. There are certain issues with checking “prior tries” in case student would say that his/her previous try was correct. Lon-CAPA stores prior tries for function plot response in a form of some array that I wasn’t be able to read or interpret.
3. Once in a while (one out of 40 students) encounter strange issue: after they submit the plot, LON-CAPA response is “not a function”. No matter what you do after that, it would still display this message: change the curve, do not change the curve etc. It does not depend on the OS – windows or MAC. We were not able to figure out what causes it.

Due to issues 2,3 I do not use FPR in exams, only in homework.
Please let me know if I can be of more help.
Thanks,
Grigory