[LON-CAPA-users] in-class polling system

Moore, Nathan T nmoore at winona.edu
Fri Aug 9 07:53:24 EDT 2019

Hi,

I have used loncapa for University Physics homework assignments for a few semesters.  I have coded in a fair number of openstax problems.

Locally, a number of people use Top Hat for in-class polling (Think-pair-share) questions.  Think Eric Mazur, "Peer Instruction".  The format is something like 3-5 conceptual-ish homework questions that students answer, discuss, answer again, discuss again, etc.

This isn't the standard way that I use loncapa and I'm wondering if loncapa has something like an in-class polling preset?  Do any of you use the system in this way?

Nathan

Nathan Moore, PhD
Professor, Physics Department
Winona State University