[LON-CAPA-users] Function Plot Response Partial Credit Grading

Harding, Gene L glhardin at purdue.edu
Wed Jan 25 09:56:25 EST 2017

Hi,

Sorry for another post, but the problems I have been constructing in recent weeks use areas that are new to me, such as gnuplot and Geogebra. I keep getting close, but not quite finishing some of the new problems.

Right now I am building a quiz question that requires students to place six vectors on a single set of axes. I have figured out how to place the initial vectors for them to move into place, then separately evaluate the correctness of each vector. Is there a way to assign 1/6 of the grade for each vector, so if a student places some of them correctly but some incorrectly, they get partial credit on the problem instead of all/none? I thought I might be able to do this with some pre- or post-processing of the answer(s), but the standard LON-CAPA examples I have found have no comments in the code, and I have not been able to figure them out (if that is even the right approach...).

Best regards,

Gene L. Harding, PE
Associate Professor of ECET
574-520-4190