[LON-CAPA-users] Algebra Expression Rendering in LON-CAPA

Harding, Gene L glhardin at purdue.edu
Fri Jan 13 23:41:10 EST 2017

Hi Damien,

Thanks for your reply. At least now I know that I was chasing the wind. I was able to get close by using Sigma in place of sum in the expression, but then only the "n" was subscripted, not the "=1" part, even though I used braces: _{n=1}...

I had initially tried to render the equation in the xml portion of the problem, but when I did that I had a lot of trouble properly displaying some of the variables using the <m>$...$</m> command. It worked in some places but not others.

This is as close as I have been able to get to a proper expression:

[cid:image001.png at 01D26DF0.DF719FF0]

In the xml portion I have been able to render it nicely:

[cid:image002.png at 01D26DF6.82F21010]

...but only if I hard-code the constants in the two fractions and inside the sine. Is there a way to display variable values from the perl script in place of the constants? I have tried a few things, but all were unsuccessful.

Thanks,

Gene L. Harding, PE

Associate Professor of ECET

574-520-4190