[LON-CAPA-users] New User Account Creation and Self-Enrollment in a Course

Amos Lee lee at math.usask.ca
Wed May 18 13:44:39 EDT 2016

Thanks for the quick reply, Stuart.

> It is preferred if users can authenticate using an institutional
> username and password, and then populate user information (including
> student/employee ID) automatically.

After reading your explanations, I agree that institutional login should be
the default and better way to go for existing Univ of Sask students who
already has an institutional account.

A question about setting the default authentication to Institutional Login:
DC's main menu
» Set domain configuration
» Default authentication/language/timezone/portal/types

In addition to setting the value of Default Authentication Type to
"Kerberos 5", what value do I enter for Default Authentication Argument?
Is it asking for name of our Kerberos Authenticated Domain (i.e., the
string "USASK.CA" that we had used before)?

Amos Lee
Math and Stats
Univ of Sask