[LON-CAPA-users] Online Exams and Timezones

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Tue Jun 28 16:35:01 EDT 2016

HI All,

Can anyone clarify for me if Lon-Capa takes into account the timezone of an online student for things like signing up for a slot to take an exam?  So for example, we have a slot from 4:30 to 7:30 for an online exam, Central Daylight Savings Time.  Will a student in the Eastern Timezone see that listed at 5:30-8:30 OR do they simply need to take into account that the timezone the server is in and make their own adjustment?  Thanks!

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technology
Department of Chemistry