[LON-CAPA-users] Why the label "will be reservable later" is displayed for some questions after an expired time slot?

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Mon Jul 18 16:10:49 EDT 2016

Amos,

> I am not sure I understand why some questions are still tagged as "will be
> reservable later" when their associated July time slot has already passed.

The idea is to potentially allow future slot(s) to be reserved where a
resource requires slot access, when the resource is still
"completable" by the student (i.e., not past due, there are tries
left, and it has not been answered correctly).

> I also noticed that those questions that are labelled as such are precisely
> the ones that the student had answered wrong.

Once a question is answered correctly it is no longer "completable".

Anyway, I have made some changes to the code used to determine if
there are reservable slots for a resource for both the Course Contents
screen and the Reservations screen.

With those changes, LON-CAPA will now use information about time
periods when slots are to be uniquely chosen for both the consumed
slot (now past end-date) and future (reservable) slots, when
determining the text to display.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium