[LON-CAPA-users] instructor-assigned slots

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 5 18:17:04 EDT 2016

Hi All,

We're using student-selected slots for students to schedule themselves into online ProctorU proctored Lon-Capa exams vs. face-to-face proctored Lon-Capa exams. Some students, of course, did not make the deadline for choosing slots, and the instructor does not want to extend the slot deadline, so I've cloned the existing student-selectable slots into exact copies that are teacher-assignable slots. However, I'm having a hard time seeing how to actually assign the errant students into those slots.  I know that the new slot names need to be added to Slots of Availability (separated by : for more than one slot) but then wondered if the way slots are assigned is to do that with specific slots for specific students — is that how the slots are assigned for a resource for a student?  Or is that added generally for the resource and in some other interface the students are assigned to the slots for that resource?  We're good now with the student-selected slots, but this is eluding me. Thank you as always!

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technology
Department of Chemistry