[LON-CAPA-users] Imaginary Numbers

Harding, Gene L glhardin at purdue.edu
Thu Feb 18 10:06:43 EST 2016

Hi Stuart, et al,

Thanks, that was very helpful.  After reviewing that web page last night, I was able to complete the calculation portion of a problem successfully.

I am still having trouble with the response portion.  Is there a way to get "numericalresponse" to handle a complex number?  If not, is the technique Justin suggested using Maxima a good route?  Or is it best to just break the response into two "numericalresponses", one for the real part and one for the imaginary part?

Best regards,

Gene L. Harding, PE
Associate Professor of ECET
574-520-4190