[LON-CAPA-users] reset a timed quiz for given students?

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Tue Mar 3 13:59:54 EST 2015

Thank you Stuart but I'm still missing something. In my testing I had done
I believe what you describe in your second paragraph by looking at the
student's attempt, going to grade that student and resetting the status on
the two parts which had been submitted.  I'm not seeing anything different
going via the quiz > Grade Content > complete page/sequence/folder for one
student route.  Doing that though does not seem to give the student
another attempt at the quiz since his time is expired (I'm working with a
test student in this case, so that's me also).  The first paragraph of
your description also does not seem to offer any way of resetting the quiz
so that the student can take it again. I had tried changing some of the
settings via Table mode and I'm again not seeing anything different via
Helper mode.  I'm sure I'm still missing something or else perhaps failing
to communicate clearly what we're trying to accomplish. By "reset attempt"
I meant that I'd like to reset the quiz entirely so that it's as if the
student has not yet touched it and will come to it and have whatever time
limit is set for the quiz as a fresh start.  Resetting status works
beautifully with untimed problems, but does not seem to overcome the fact
that the time was up 72 minutes ago, or whenever.

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technologies
Department of Chemistry