[LON-CAPA-users] Exams in LON-CAPA

Herrick, Robert J rherrick at purdue.edu
Wed Jun 24 23:46:08 EDT 2015

Hi

And did have one student I set up with a different final exam time. Started his test when he arrived in room.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 24, 2015, at 11:43 PM, Herrick, Robert J <rherrick at purdue.edu<mailto:rherrick at purdue.edu>> wrote:

Hi Dave,

Some thoughts.

1 & 2  -  25 student groups

  *   If the 25 students are in different course sections testing at different times then simply set up each section start stop time.
  *   If same section just split over 2 rooms at the same time, then one set of parameters

3. Students visiting student proctored exams

  *   Could be coordinated with Lon-Capa liaison to set up parameters for those individual students - would require closer linkage if wanted in real time. Student shows up at testing center, testing center contacts LC liaison, and liaison starts the test (date/time parameter)

4. On-line proctored

  *   Same approach as #3. LC liaison(s) available to start tests.

This could be a volume issue.

  *   Also, what's the policy on those that show up late.

  *   Also, I make my students stay for the entire time to ensure that I am monitoring the exam from start to stop with all in the room so there is much less likeliness to be any communication from someone who is finished.

  *   Also I do a quick check that they have answered all questions conclusively (right or wrong) so no empty answers. Then check them off my hard copy list as finished. Or time is up and the test is closed.

Just some of my thoughts. Not sure how this works with volume but assume testing always occurs in computer labs being managed by TA's - then doable.

I have done it these past 2 semesters covering cases 1) and 2).

Bob