[LON-CAPA-users] Exams in LON-CAPA
Herrick, Robert J
rherrick at purdue.edu
Wed Jun 24 23:46:08 EDT 2015
And did have one student I set up with a different final exam time. Started his test when he arrived in room.
Sent from my iPhone
On Jun 24, 2015, at 11:43 PM, Herrick, Robert J <rherrick at purdue.edu<mailto:rherrick at purdue.edu>> wrote:
1 & 2 - 25 student groups
* If the 25 students are in different course sections testing at different times then simply set up each section start stop time.
* If same section just split over 2 rooms at the same time, then one set of parameters
3. Students visiting student proctored exams
* Could be coordinated with Lon-Capa liaison to set up parameters for those individual students - would require closer linkage if wanted in real time. Student shows up at testing center, testing center contacts LC liaison, and liaison starts the test (date/time parameter)
4. On-line proctored
* Same approach as #3. LC liaison(s) available to start tests.
This could be a volume issue.
* Also, what's the policy on those that show up late.
* Also, I make my students stay for the entire time to ensure that I am monitoring the exam from start to stop with all in the room so there is much less likeliness to be any communication from someone who is finished.
* Also I do a quick check that they have answered all questions conclusively (right or wrong) so no empty answers. Then check them off my hard copy list as finished. Or time is up and the test is closed.
Just some of my thoughts. Not sure how this works with volume but assume testing always occurs in computer labs being managed by TA's - then doable.
I have done it these past 2 semesters covering cases 1) and 2).
From: lon-capa-users-bounces at mail.lon-capa.org<mailto:lon-capa-users-bounces at mail.lon-capa.org> [lon-capa-users-bounces at mail.lon-capa.org<mailto:lon-capa-users-bounces at mail.lon-capa.org>] on behalf of Huckleberry, David W [dhuckleb at purdue.edu<mailto:dhuckleb at purdue.edu>]
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 11:16 PM
To: lon-capa-users at mail.lon-capa.org<mailto:lon-capa-users at mail.lon-capa.org>
Subject: [LON-CAPA-users] Exams in LON-CAPA
11pm on the eve of our first LON-CAPA Math exam day and we have reached a deal-breaker moment. ANY help you can offer would be appreciated. (I’d call tech support….but you are it.)
We have 4 testing environments, all accessing an exam folder with 10 dynamic problems in it.
1) On campus in a lab 25 students
2) On campus in a lab 25 students
3) Students visiting human proctored testing centers
4) Online Proctored exams
We setup slots for each of those 4 groups and students are in them
We setup Open and Due dates for the Exam folder to match the entire window of testing
We set Parameters for 99 tries, 1 hour limit
The deal breaker issue is this:
While taking the test, students can still access the content and homework problems. We thought of just hiding them, but due to the 24 testing window for proctoring, it would leave many students without access to study materials prior to their exam session.
How do we overcome this and avoid going back to pencil\paper, which we will likely due tomorrow, since we are out of time.
Innovations in Technology and Learning
LON-CAPA-users mailing list
LON-CAPA-users at mail.lon-capa.org<mailto:LON-CAPA-users at mail.lon-capa.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LON-CAPA-users