[LON-CAPA-users] New Content/Problem Editor - Input needed NOW

Raymond Batchelor batchelo at sfu.ca
Thu Oct 9 13:36:15 EDT 2014

I absolutely LOVE the 'colorful' editor.  I use it interchangeably with the XML editor -- all of the time.
It is wonderful because it contains so much built-in contextual help and produces correct xml, from which one may model (or correct) their own xml editing.

At this stage I have to multi-task and I don't spend a large amounts of time coding resources, but have to pop in and out of resource editing at random times to create specific new resources or fix code.
The EDIT mode reminds me of many things I have forgotten and teaches me things I have never learned.

It is foundational.

The way it works is logical and simple.
Perhaps some things could be done, visually, to make its function and purpose clearer to users.

For example the colors, borders, separation and layout chosen for outlining certain blocks or options might not be distinctive enough.
(<part></part> comes to mind.)