[LON-CAPA-users] style for printed exams?

Lucas, Mark lucasm at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 10 15:46:27 EST 2014

Doug,

I’ll give my limited take on what the style files can do and let the experts fill in the gaps.

A style file can be used to rewrite tags as far as I understand. This can be done in a way that
differentiates between renderings (web, tex, …) .

The style file code below displays the title, duedate and weight for all problems to which this
style is applied. It replaces the <problem> tag with the information shown.
I have no idea if you can get away with inserting raw tex in the tex rendering, but I doubt it.

The only way I can possibly think to do this is to redefine the foil tag with a deprecated font
tag or div tucked in. (I can see Gerd and Stuart cringing already).

Later,
Mark

<definetag name="problem">
    <render>
        <tex><problem><displaytitle /><displayduedate /> Points:<displayweight />\newline</tex>
        <web><problem>
        </web>
    </render>
</definetag>