[LON-CAPA-users] OpenStax College Physics now available

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Thu Jun 26 10:54:07 EDT 2014

Hi,

In addition to commercial publisher textbook content (licensed in connection with the adoption of the respective textbook),

   http://www.courseweaver.com/lctextbooks.php

we are excited to announce that OpenStax College Physics homework problems are now available for everybody in the LON-CAPA network, regardless of adoption of the book!

Thanks to Prof. Hon-Kie Ng at Florida State, we now have a library of 1964 problems to go along with this free open textbook,

   https://openstaxcollege.org/textbooks/college-physics

OpenStax is an exciting effort that fits well with our open-source project. Check it out!

The materials can be used with on-site installations, as well as with any of the hosting options provided by CourseWeaver. The libraries have been made available at Florida State,

   /res/fsu/openstax-CollegePhysics

CourseWeaver is providing a course template in the “author” domain

   OpenStax Template Course
   author_2G319085124ac5347authorl1

which can be cloned system-wide.

The problems of course work best in connection with the book (available from OpenStax), but they can be freely combined with all other open content in our library.

Please join me in thanking Hon-Kie for his efforts in making this possible!