[LON-CAPA-users] Allowing marker to "return" to student a file when there was no file submitted by the student.

Raymond Batchelor batchelo at sfu.ca
Tue Jan 28 19:54:49 EST 2014

Hello All,

Is there a way to use a DropBox in LON-CAPA which would allow markers to "return" to students a file which the student never originally submitted to LON-CAPA?

For example, one wants to be able to "return" to students, via LON-CAPA, a revised and marked MSWord document, which was originally submitted to (shall we say) turnitin.com?

Presently, it seems to me, that one can only access the ability to return a file to the students, if there is FIRST a student-submitted file (and it should be the same type of file).

Perhaps there is a way for the instructor to submit a dummy Word document, on behalf of all students in their course, so as to initialize this feature?

Anyone is currently doing something like this?

Is there another, better way?

Thanks,
Ray