[LON-CAPA-users] questions about our first exam - controlling access

Joseph Mingrone jrm at mathstat.dal.ca
Wed Feb 12 18:52:26 EST 2014

Hello,

We would like to restrict access to the exam to students who are in the
exam rooms.  Is there any way to require a password to access a
resource?  Perhaps something with slots?  Do you have any other
suggestions?  IP based restrictions will be tough because the students
will be writing at a couple different locations across the campus.

To restrict access to the homework problems I will probably hide the
homework folders just before the exam starts.  I also turned off the
communication features.  For those with more experience with LON-CAPA
exams, is there anything I should considered for exam security?

Thanks,

Joseph