[LON-CAPA-users] questions about our first exam - partial marks

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 3 12:33:51 EST 2014

So far we have not seen a problem with this. We’ve got a few problems set
up like this across two very high enrollment courses. In these courses,
both lab courses, the deciding factor on whether they get full credit for
the question or half credit is the accuracy of their lab data (full credit
if they do their calculations correctly and their data is accurate enough
to lead them to the right conclusion, half credit if their data is sloppy
but they do their calculations correctly at least, no credit if their
answer is not supported by their data). These courses have from one to 2.4
thousand students a semester and in general anything that can go wrong
does for some percentage of them, so it *seems* like it’s working
reliably. Some of these we’ve done as customresponse but I know some of
them are other types as well.

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technologies