[LON-CAPA-users] questions about our first exam - partial marks

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Mon Feb 3 07:07:26 EST 2014

Hi,

Both things will be a problem, there is no easy solution:

* Partial credit based on number of tries will not work like suggested in the mailing list, as the weight cannot be set from inside a problem. Way in the past, people did something similar using the built-in spreadsheet, but I would stay out of that.

* Option response does partial credit already, but not negative: the system will only split that total weight of the problem into the number of foils, and then give partial credit for each correct one. LON-CAPA does not have the concept of taking points away.

I would suggest to go back to the faculty and tell him/her that it’s just not an option. If you find a system that can do this, I would be interested in how they built the interface.

- Gerd.