[LON-CAPA-users] Decreasing values of successive attempts?

Lucas, Mark lucasm at ohio.edu
Sat Aug 25 08:53:42 EDT 2012

I think I have it, but I don't have time to try it.

I remembered that you can see ALL the parameters available for a problem under the full
metadata once it's published, so I found your typical numerical response problem and
looked at the metadata.

Here's a sample:
Weight [Part: 0]: ( name=weight; part=0; type=float_pos; )
Partorder: responseorder: 11
Partial Credit Factor [Part: 0]: ( name=awarded; part=0; type=float; )
Problem Status [Part: 0]: ( name=solved; part=0; type=string; )
Number of Attempts [Part: 0]: ( name=tries; part=0; type=int_zeropos; )

Just as you might set a default weight inside the problem, you should
also be able to set a default "awarded" fraction inside the problem.
You should be able to do this dynamically.

Let us know how it turns out :)

Mark