[LON-CAPA-users] Greek Characters in formula response

Stefan Dröschler st.droeschler at ostfalia.de
Wed Dec 10 14:59:53 EST 2014

Hi Mark,

> Do you have any ideas why the error? Is this something that only works well under
> windows or a certain browser? I’m running LC 2.11.0.

I’d guess that’s some kind of encoding issue related to the unicode characters.
It works fine under Safari 8.0 and firefox 30.0 and 34.0.5 running on OS X 10.10.1

I’ve published the demo problem (/res/fhwf/droeschl/misc/addchars.problem), imported it in a test course which I logged into on capa7.phy.ohiou.edu and was able to answer it without any error.

Only when I explicitly set the character encoding to e.g. “Western” (in FF: View -> Character Encoding) instead of "Unicode" I get the behaviour you described.

Stefan