[LON-CAPA-users] LON-CAPA Access Control access denied

Michael Dugdale michael.dugdale at johnabbott.qc.ca
Wed Mar 27 11:22:31 EDT 2013

Hi,

A colleague of mine, Nanouk Paré, has written and published some problems that are being used in another colleague's class (René Francis).  The problem is that the images aren't showing up in René's course, although they do in Nanouk's.

The problems have been published Open XML, but domain-only for testing.  Both courses are part of the johnabbott domain.  The images have also been published.

When a student right-clicks on the image placeholder and selects "Open in a new tab", the image has a correct-looking URL, however we get the LON-CAPA Access Control error:

Access: Browse resources
Resource: /res/johnabbott/nanoukpare/DDB/voltage_vs_time.png
Action: Access Denied

I've tried republishing the problem using both relative links (./voltage_vs_time.png) and absolute links (/res/johnabbott/nanoukpare/DDB/voltage_vs_time.png) in the problem, to no effect.

I was wondering if there's something simple that I've overlooked (been a while since I wrote a problem with a static image)?  Any thoughts would appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael Dugdale
John Abbott College

LON-CAPA Access Control