[LON-CAPA-users] CourseWeaver? Feedback needed!

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Tue Jan 22 12:08:09 EST 2013

Hi All,

On Jan 14, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Gerd Kortemeyer <korte at lite.msu.edu> wrote:

> As many of you are aware already, Michigan State University is considering significant investment into the next version of LON-CAPA, called CourseWeaver. Having additional resources enables us to make CourseWeaver more than "just" version 3.0 of LON-CAPA.
>
> I have begun an informal overview of what that would mean for various parts of the system:
>
> http://www.lon-capa.org/compare_lc_vs_cw.html

This list has been growing, based on your feedback. Have a look and keep the suggestions coming!

Things are moving here at MSU for CourseWeaver, http://www.courseweaver.org . For a while now, I have had an office in Spartan Innovations, and we are about ready to float the first version of our business plan. This can go many ways, but a preferred way for me would be to get funding from more universities than just MSU and form a consortium around this entity.

I would need some help in identifying the right person at your institution to bounce off the business plan and the vision, once we have a "public" version of it.