[LON-CAPA-users] CourseWeaver? Feedback needed!

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Mon Jan 14 09:34:28 EST 2013

Hi,

As many of you are aware already, Michigan State University is considering significant investment into the next version of LON-CAPA, called CourseWeaver. Having additional resources enables us to make CourseWeaver more than "just" version 3.0 of LON-CAPA.

I have begun an informal overview of what that would mean for various parts of the system:

http://www.lon-capa.org/compare_lc_vs_cw.html

Please see it for what it is: work-in-progress.

We need this information now for the business plan of the new product, while at the same time, its release is probably two or three years down the road. Until then (and with some overlap), the current version of the business plan calls for continued support and development of good-old LON-CAPA.

I am asking for feedback on what should go on this list. What are your pet peeves and ideas? Any level feedback is welcome (except "Make the interface nicer!", since we don't know what that means).