[LON-CAPA-users] Bubblesheet Grading: Use same CODE for a copy of a course folder?

Raymond Batchelor batchelo at sfu.ca
Thu Feb 21 12:00:47 EST 2013

I am also unsure about what *exactly* happened.
What I do believe, is that the exam questions generated for any particular CODE are also dependent upon the exact course and sequence from which it was generated.

So, it seems easier, to me, to move students rather than questions.

Thus, my solution in a similar situation (since the students have already answered the questions) might be to enroll these students in both courses from which their exam questions were generated. One could set these students as enrolled "in the past", so as to distinguish them from current students and prevent them from seeing the "process".
Unfortunately, it sounds to me like the switched questions were only *some* of the questions from a particular sequence, rather than an entire sequence.

Of course if there are only 4 different exam versions, it might just be simpler to grab the key answers for those versions and grade the students outside LON-CAPA in a spreadsheet or database (which is what I like to do anyway).  Of course this will not satisfy you if you were expecting to open up those questions for the students in LON-CAPA afterward.

Perhaps someone who is intimate with the programming of this can suggest how you might make one course-sequence mimic a different course-sequence.

Not me .... though I am intrigued as to what the best solution might be.

We had something like this happen once, but it was an entire exam taken from a previous course.  We fortunately did not plan to open up those questions to the students online, ever.  So, we just enrolled the students in the original course, graded them and output the scores from Chart, for inclusion elsewhere.

Good luck with this.

Ray