[LON-CAPA-users] multiple string responses in any order

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 19 17:57:15 EST 2013

Hi All,

I know this can be done using a customresponse and will go ahead with that if needed, but I wanted to see if I was overlooking something built into Lon-Capa…  We want students to give the IUPAC names of the five structural isomers of C6H14. Is there a way to create a stringresponse with multiple text entry areas that will then check to see that all five answers have been entered without regard to order?  Somehow I thought I had seen somewhere that that could be done and if the wheel has already been invented…  Thanks as always,

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technologies
Department of Chemistry