[LON-CAPA-users] Never found end tag for < problem> current string

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Mon Oct 29 14:30:59 EDT 2012

HI All,

I finally realized the source of these "Never found end tag for <problem>"
errors. I have some JavaScript directly before the closing problem tag and
it does some searching for some strings including "<". Apparently some of
the (jpre-?)processing in Lon-Capa wraps a //<![CDATA[       ]]> around this
part of the code I assume to keep a parser at some point from choking on the
special characters there. However, in some instances the closing ]]> tags
occur AFTER the </problem> tag so that the parser does not find that tag and
throws a bomb.  My solution I'm trying is to premptively insert the

<![CDATA[  .......   ]]> tags into my JavaScript (commented out by //) in
places that should make the parser happy without needing to insert it's own
code... I'm hoping.

Doug

On 10/16/12 9:07 AM, "Mills, Douglas G" <dmills at illinois.edu> wrote:

> Thank you Stefan. Great suggestion on the external text viewer -- I'll give
> that a try. There is nothing imported on these. They do reference an
> external stylesheet.  I'm hypothesizing that the problem(s) may lie
> somewhere in a branch of the code considering that for the number of
> students using these (close to 2,400 every week) the frequency of bombs is
> very low, so maybe occurring only under certain conditions. And maybe that
> would account for why the authoring environment doesn't complain(?)  Anyway,
> I'll give your suggesting a try. Thank you!
>
> Doug
>

> On 10/15/12 5:40 PM, "st.bisitz at ostfalia.de" <st.bisitz at ostfalia.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wonder why there are no complains in the Construction Space. Anyway, you
>> could try an external text viewer with syntax highlighting (e.g. for XML) to
>> view the source code of the problem. This might help to easily figure out
>> missbalanced tags.
>>
>> Are there any parts, libraries, etc. imported?
>>
>> Stefan Bisitz
>>

>> On 2012-10-15 22:41:38, REX ABERT wrote:
>>> In my own experience, it is usually not the missing </problem> tag, as you
>>> have observed, but more likely mismatched quotation marks in strings, or a
>>> mismatched curly brace.
>>>
>>> Rex

information:Apache::structuretags:/home/httpd/lib/perl//Apache/structuretags>>>
.