[LON-CAPA-users] Bomb Message Help?

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Wed Oct 10 12:40:23 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Just got a series of bomb messages from one of our resources like this:

'print' trapped by operation mask at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/utf8_heavy.pl line 24.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/utf8.pm line 17.

I’m thinking maybe what this is indicating is that a student was attempting to pass a print statement into Lon-Capa through one of the answer blanks, but I’m not at all sure that’s what’s going on here. Main thing is, is this something wrong with our code or something resulting from mischievous behavior?  Thanks!

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technologies
Department of Chemistry