[LON-CAPA-users] Expanding Homework Problem

Lucas, Mark lucasm at ohio.edu
Fri Jul 13 19:00:21 EDT 2012

Hi,

Does anyone have a 'best-practices' example or advice on problems which
incorporate simpler problems which 'unfold' if the student is having problems?

For example,  you have a multipart problem. If the student misses the problem on the
second try, it unfolds to ask a simpler problem and perhaps leads them to
a solution through intermediate steps.

I know we talk about doing this with a conditional map, but I know people have also
set up some fairly intricate conditionals within a problem itself.

There were also suggestions as to how to package these (place the problems inside
a single part?) to help ease grading/recordkeeping issues.

Thanks for any pointers,
Mark

Mark Lucas 								email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab						phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy		fax: (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701