[LON-CAPA-users] Proctor Validation

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Fri Apr 20 12:39:10 EDT 2012

Hi,

> Yep, the user is an Exam Proctor and I was using the slot's Secret
> Word (which is: asdf) as the password.

A clarification ...

You can assign any user with any role in the course to be a proctor
for a particular slot.  This is independent of the standard course
role: "Exam Proctor", which can also be assigned.  The role grants
specific privileges -- view the information at the following URL:
/adm/help/tex/Course_Roles.hlp on your LON-CAPA server.

Based on your description, my guess is that the user whose
username:domain you enter on the Proctor Validation page when
attempting to grant student access is not listed as one of the
proctors assigned to the slot.

That assignment occurs on page 3 of the slot creation/modification
helper (reached as a CC via Main Menu -> Manage slots -> Edit

The heading on that page is: "Specify Proctors".

Can you check that the user who sill be proctor is listed at the
bottom of the row of information for the slot, when you view the slot,
as Course Coordinator, using Main Menu -> Manage slots.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group