[LON-CAPA-users] The Way Sequences Work(?)

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 15 17:49:44 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Just to finish this thread with our Happy Ending... While I have not yet successfully figured out how to track down the parts of a sequence in the Spreadsheet (due to a gradebook developed here on campus, use of the Lon-Capa gradebook in general on our campus has been very limited, so not much institutional knowledge here on that), but I realized that using “View the Course Assessment Progress Chart”, choosing the sequence under Sequences and Folders, choosing Excel under Output Format and Scores per Problem under Output Data generates a spreadsheet that can quite easily be worked in Excel to provide totals for each attempt completed by each student (it’s necessary but easy to find and replace empty cells with zeros so as to not cause Excel headaches in the process). In our case, since attempt 2 was worth 90% of total points and attempt 3 worth 80% we just put that into the mix too and then used the Max function to find each student’s best outcome.

Thanks to all for their help,

Doug