[LON-CAPA-users] Section specific parameter settings when cloning

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sat, 22 Jan 2011 17:29:49 -0800

 Lars,

I don't know about your version of loncapa, but from my experience,
"students" are NEVER cloned, just  content, parameters,  group
definitions, conditions.

i.e the couse is complete except there are no students enrolled yet.

Thus if you have, say, due dates set for section "D100" in the old
course, you will have all those same parameter settings in the new
course.

What I meant was that, if there is no student enrolled in "D100" in
the new course, then the parameter interface will not offer you "D100"
in the "Section" dropbox.  So, enroll somebody.

I would say:
 Clone your course (taking care to specify an appropriate number of
days to add to the old date parameters ) then, in the NEW course,
enroll somebody in a section with the same designator as in the old
course (such as my "D100").

After you have someone enrolled in the sections then you will be able
to choose, view and modify the parameters specific to that section in
the PARM interface.

Ray