[LON-CAPA-users] help overriding tolerance

James Mueller lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:05:12 -0500

I have a problem assign to my class.  It uses a value for the resistivity of copper that differs from the value given in class by 2%.  Perhaps it is using the value at 25 deg C rather than 20.  The numerical tolerance for the problem appears to be set at 1%, so my students will be marked wrong unless they know the value the problem is using.  So I go to the page to modify parameter settings and set the tolerance to 5% for this problem in my course.  But then I check the range of allowed answers for some students and it still looks like 1%.  Why does my setting of the tolerance not override the default setting of the problem?  What do I need to do to fix it.

-Jim