[LON-CAPA-users] need help with odd error

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:01:45 -0500

Hi,

There are two reasons I can think of:

* Peter Riegler just described one of the two possible reasons. Do you use https?

* My other guess is that something the student entered looks like a "quoted execution," i.e., something that is supposed to be executed on the command line. Most likely, she entered backticks, and more than likely, she did so inadvertently. The problem itself is not dangerous, after all, this got caught by the safe environment. The only problem is that it reveals part of the source code. It would be good to know exactly what the student entered on which problem. We could then filter out the characters before they are caught by the "last resort" safeeval code.

- Gerd.