[LON-CAPA-users] Problem with Groups

Stuart Raeburn lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 11:06:12 -0500

Todd,

If you view Navigate Contents as Course Coordinator do you see:

(a) A "Course Groups" folder
(b) A group folder for "Group Folder - StudioTA" within the Course
Groups folder.

If so, use "Edit Course" to determine if "Hidden URL" is checked for
the "Course Groups" folder and/or the "StudioTA" folder.  If either
are checked, then TAs will see the message "You do need to
re-initialize this course before being able to access this resource",
when trying to enter the group.

So far I have not replicated the parameter setting errors you report
when creating a new group.  It is possible that the course update
which occurs automatically after adding folders, but before automatic
setting of parameters was unsuccessful for some reason, hence the
resources were not considered part of the course.

It would be possible to use LON-CAPA's standard parameter setting to
set the missing parmeter on these new folders/simple page, by hand.
The parameter to set is:

"Resource Hidden from Students"

This should be set to:

(a) yes for all