[LON-CAPA-users] Problem with Groups

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sat, 30 Jan 2010 22:12:39 -0700

All,

I hate asking this, because I'm pretty sure I've had this problem
before and got it answered, but my searches have not been fruitful.

I have a cloned course, with cloned groups.  In particular, a group
for TAs with a file repository.  I've given the TAs membership in the
group.  The access start date is after the course start date, the
group access ends before their enrollment in the course ends.   The
TAs can see the group, but whenever they try to enter the group, they
get the "You do need to re-initialize this course before being able to
access this resource" error.  This happens even after several logouts
and logins.

So I tried creating a new group.  The following errors were reported:
A problem occurred when creating folders for the new group StudioTA:
Parameters not set for
/uploaded/csm/6y3246837ee2b4bc0csml1/group_folder_StudioTA.sequence
because the resource was not recognized as part of the course.
Parameters not set for /adm/csm/6y3246837ee2b4bc0csml1/StudioTA/smppg
because the resource was not recognized as part of the course.
An error occurred while setting parameters for Discussion Boards folder:
Parameters not set for
/uploaded/csm/6y3246837ee2b4bc0csml1/group_boards_StudioTA.sequence
because the resource was not recognized as part of the course.
Group StudioTA was updated.

But the group appeared to be created.  I can see it as CC, I can see
the enrolled users, but again, the TAs get the "re-initialize course"
error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd
--
Todd Ruskell, Ph.D.                   Phone: 303-384-2080
Senior Lecturer in Physics          Fax:  303-273-3919