[LON-CAPA-users] alternate notation

Peter Riegler lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:41:16 +0200

Hi Justin,

is it something like the following that you have in mind? There
o ln(y^n)
o n*ln(y)
o log(y^n)
o n*log(y)
o and stuff like n/2*ln(y^2)
will be correct answers.

Peter

<problem>
<script type="loncapa/perl">
$n = &random(2,5,1);
$var = "y"; #could be randomized
$rhs = "$var^$n";
$sol = "$n ln($var)"; #preferably to be determined computationally
</script>

<startouttext />
x =
<endouttext />

<mathresponse answerdisplay="$sol" cas="maxima" args="$rhs">

<answer>
rhs: LONCAPALIST[1];
ln(x):= log(x);
sol: ln(rhs);