[LON-CAPA-users] alternate notation

Peter Riegler lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 19 Oct 2009 06:57:57 +0200

Hi Justin,

we solve this kind of problems by telling maxima how to handle ln. This
requires the use of mathresponse (formularesponse uses maxima, but does
not allow you to write maxima code for grading).

You could for instance define ln

<mathresponse answerdisplay="$F" cas="maxima" args="@args" id="11">
   <answer>
   ln(x):= log(x);
   is ( RESPONSE[1]=LONCAPALIST[1] );
   </answer>

or substitute

<mathresponse answerdisplay="$F" cas="maxima" args="@args" id="11">
   <answer>
   is ( subst(log,ln,RESPONSE[1]=LONCAPALIST[1]) );
   </answer>

In both examples $args[0]=LONCAPALIST[1] contains the correct answer.

I hope this will help

Peter

--
Peter Riegler