[LON-CAPA-users] List of Slot participants

Stuart Raeburn lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:20:04 -0400

Hi,

> I want to get a well-formatted list of the students enlisted. Not just
> the table, but something exportable. Is that possible?

Not currently.  The slot management page available to Course
Coordinators needs to be modified to include an additional option -
type of output (HTML, CSV or Excel) - to allow creation of a file
containing lists of students who have self-scheduled slot(s) if either
the CSV or Excel options are selected.

> I would like to associate one TA with each slot (i.e., every slot should
> have its TA). I want the TA to be able to access the students list,
> without giving him the rights to also change all slots and all course
> parameters.

This would require modifying LON-CAPA to include an additional
attribute for a slot (e.g., Viewer) which could contain
username:domain for users allowed to view which students had scheduled
a particular slot.  One TA/slot could be enforced by the Course
Coordinator by only including one user as a Viewer for a particular
slot.

> Can the students see which slot they are in after the slot registration
> is closed?

Several changes were made for LON-CAPA version 2.9 (which should be
officially announced fairly soon) to allow students to display
information about their current reservations.  A PDF of my
presentation at the 2009 LON-CAPA conference includes some screenshots
of the student interface (e.g., a "Manage Reservations" icon  has been
added to the Main Menu - when in course context with a student role).

See: http://loncapa.org/presentations/new_in_29.pdf

Students can also display a log of their own slot reservation history.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group