[LON-CAPA-users] LONG wait times for changing course parameter settings

Alison A Baski/FS/VCU lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:48:29 -0400

--=_alternative 004BDA1B85257654_=

Hello,
I help manage several LON-CAPA courses and have noticed that one of them
has very long wait times when changing course parameter settings.
Our PHYS207 course has a wait time of about 40 seconds after hitting the
"update parameter display" key. This becomes very distressing if there are
four parameters that need to be changed for multiple assignments every
week.
Interestingly, most of our other courses have wait times of only about 15
to 20 seconds when updating parameters.
The PHYS207 course is our "oldest" LON-CAPA course and has been cloned
about ten times now since 2005 (each clone from the previous semester's
version). Could that be an issue?

Thanks,
Alison

Dr. Alison Baski, Chair and Associate Professor
Department of Physics
Virginia Commonwealth University
701 W. Grace St..;   Richmond, VA  23284-2000
Ph: 804-828-8295, Fax: 828-7073, aabaski@vcu.edu

--=_alternative 004BDA1B85257654_=

and have noticed that one of them has very long wait times when changing
course parameter settings.</font>
about 40 seconds after hitting the &quot;update parameter display&quot;
key. This becomes very distressing if there are four parameters that need
to be changed for multiple assignments every week.</font>
have wait times of only about 15 to 20 seconds when updating parameters.
LON-CAPA course and has been cloned about ten times now since 2005 (each
clone from the previous semester's version). Could that be an issue?</font>
Dr. Alison Baski, Chair and Associate Professor<br>
Department of Physics<br>
Virginia Commonwealth University<br>
701 W. Grace St..; &nbsp; Richmond, VA &nbsp;23284-2000<br>
Ph: 804-828-8295, Fax: 828-7073, aabaski@vcu.edu</font>
--=_alternative 004BDA1B85257654_=--