[LON-CAPA-users] How do I find textbook content?

Ed Kashy lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:22:05 -0500

Hello Bill,

If you look in
/res/showandtell/SntPhysics/00 Welcome.html
You will see the paths to several problem libraries for physics which may prove helpful There are also others not listed there, e.g. see /res/csm/csmphyslib/

Ed Kashy
From: lon-capa-users-admin@mail.lon-capa.org [lon-capa-users-admin@mail.lon-capa.org] On Behalf Of Bill Baxter [gwb6@psu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:43 PM
To: lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org; Bill Baxter
Subject: [LON-CAPA-users] How do I find textbook content?

How do I find and get access to textbook content?

I have gotten permission from our textbook publishers to use LON-CAPA
content for their textbooks, but the publishing reps don't always know
who the LON-CAPA contact is.  How do I find the  right person to request
access?  Is there a list somewhere?

This issue arises because some of our psuerie physics faculty don't feel
there are enough problems available in msu
<http://psblnx03.bd.psu.edu/res/msu/>/physicslib
<http://psblnx03.bd.psu.edu/res/msu/physicslib/>/msuphysicslib
<http://psblnx03.bd.psu.edu/res/msu/physicslib/msuphysicslib/> and
fsu/capalibrary.   We could write our own problems and probably will,
but that is not a solution for most faculty.  (I'm sick of hearing how
many problems are available on the UTexas homework service!)  What are
the most popular LON-CAPA sites for intro physics problems?   Is there a
list of popular problem sites grouped by topic or discipline (physics,
astronomy, calculus, algebra, biology, etc)?

Thanks.

                    Bill  Baxter