[LON-CAPA-users] How do I find textbook content?

Bill Baxter lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:43:11 -0500

How do I find and get access to textbook content?

I have gotten permission from our textbook publishers to use LON-CAPA
content for their textbooks, but the publishing reps don't always know
who the LON-CAPA contact is.  How do I find the  right person to request
access?  Is there a list somewhere?

This issue arises because some of our psuerie physics faculty don't feel
there are enough problems available in msu
<http://psblnx03.bd.psu.edu/res/msu/>/physicslib
<http://psblnx03.bd.psu.edu/res/msu/physicslib/>/msuphysicslib
<http://psblnx03.bd.psu.edu/res/msu/physicslib/msuphysicslib/> and
fsu/capalibrary.   We could write our own problems and probably will,
but that is not a solution for most faculty.  (I'm sick of hearing how
many problems are available on the UTexas homework service!)  What are
the most popular LON-CAPA sites for intro physics problems?   Is there a
list of popular problem sites grouped by topic or discipline (physics,
astronomy, calculus, algebra, biology, etc)?

Thanks.

                    Bill  Baxter

     Dr. G. William Baxter                     gwb6@psu.edu
       Physics Department
Penn. State Univ., Behrend College        Office: (814) 898-6251
   Erie, Pennsylvania 16563-0203             FAX:       898-6213