[LON-CAPA-users] EXT question

loncapa_admin lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 13 May 2009 22:37:11 -0400

Robert... thanks for pointing out the popup requirement for the RAT.  I didn't even realize I had my browser set to block them.  Seems to work now, and I'm feeling a little dumb for not thinking about this.  You've definitely saved me piles of time trying to sort it out this summer.  I was convinced this was some cross-platform issue.

Thanks again.

Michael Dugdale
Department of Physics
John Abbott College
21275 Lakeshore Road
Ste. Anne de Bellevue, Québec
H9X 3L9

(514) 457-6610 X 5888
loncapa_admin@johnabbott.qc.ca
From: lon-capa-users-admin@mail.lon-capa.org [lon-capa-users-admin@mail.lon-capa.org] On Behalf Of Robert_Brewington@er.monroe.edu [Robert_Brewington@er.monroe.edu]
Sent: May 13, 2009 21:20
To: lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Subject: Re: [LON-CAPA-users] EXT question

Ah, found my first problem - Firefox was blocking popups. The RAT needs popups to work... So now I am seeing the screens Ray suggests.

So now I have set the mapalias parameter in four different places, in hopes of one working:

In WholeThing.sequence, I named the mapalias "A" for Part 0. I think this is the one Ray indicates should work.

Just for fun, I also set "B" to point to parameter_inputMass_mapalias, the mapalias for the particular part id="inputMass".

I set mapalias in the published First  problem to be "C". Ray has indicated that this will not work, but just trying to be thorough...

I also randomly tried to set the parameter in the part id=inputMass problem directly with
<parameter name="mapalias" id="110" default="D" type="string_type" description="mapalias" />. Interestingly, this seems to override the 'B' I set in the sequence.

Now, in Second.problem I have:

$v1 = &EXT('user.resource.resource.inputMyMass.myMass.submission', &EXT("A"));  # Ray says should work
$v2 = &EXT('user.resource.resource.inputMyMass.myMass.submission', &EXT("B"));
$v3 = &EXT('user.resource.resource.inputMyMass.myMass.submission', &EXT("C"));  # Ray indicates will not work
$v4 = &EXT('user.resource.resource.inputMyMass.myMass.submission', &EXT("D"));

Ray's note indicates that $v1 should get filled in (the value retrieved from First Problem should be 115).

I published First.problem, Second.problem, and WholeThing.sequence, imported all three into the course, and re-initialized the course.

I never see any of the variables v1-v4 in Second.problem filled in, either by

1) running the resources directly. Run First.problem followed by Second.problem. Don't think this is expected to work, but checking.

OR

2) running the sequence WholeThing, filling in the value for First.problem, then moving to Second.problem.

So, I am still missing something. I removed the "B", "C" and "D" settings to try and get exactly what Ray suggests, with no change. Don't know what I am doing different from Ray.

I am running on the educog machine, which the login screen says is 2.7.1.

Getting somewhat closer,
brew