[LON-CAPA-users] Data on students with disabilities

loncapa_admin lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:39:37 -0500

Hi Gerd,

Looking at the lonUsers folder, I count 684 distinct students on our domain to date (most of that was on eduCog's servers, of course).

I would expect to have been  made aware of any disabilities that would affect their use of the system (I've been the local coordinator throughout our adoption of LON-CAPA), but I am unaware of any such case.

There have been a few illnesses, as well as expected levels of ADD and ADHD, but I'm guessing this isn't what you're looking for.

Cheers,
Michael Dugdale

From: lon-capa-users-admin@mail.lon-capa.org [lon-capa-users-admin@mail.lon-capa.org] On Behalf Of Gerd Kortemeyer [korte@lite.msu.edu]
Sent: February 16, 2009 13:19
To: lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Subject: [LON-CAPA-users] Data on students with disabilities

Hi,

I need an estimate of how many percent students with disabilities are
using LON-CAPA. This is for part of an institutional NSF proposal with
due date Wednesday. I am trying to get funds for increasing
accessibility.

Please off the list, let me know:

- total number of users, past and present, of which you would
reasonably be aware if they have disabilities or not.

- number of students out of those with which type of disability
(vision, auditory, mobility, learning, reading, etc)

Please report at least number of users, even if the disability number
is zero, so I get correct percentages of users.

Thanks so much,

Michael Dugdale
Department of Physics
John Abbott College