[LON-CAPA-users] Re: batch creation of groups and group assignment.

Stefan Bisitz lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 04 Feb 2009 13:26:16 +0100

Hi Ray,

One way would be to use sections and then assign the users from the
sections to the groups. We used this the last semester successfully what
I describe as follows.

LON-CAPA automatically creates non existing sections when uploading a
classlist if the section column from your file is associated with the
LON-CAPA section field.

Then (or before) you should create your groups. Don't know a batch
creating for this.

Finally, add members to the groups, select to display only one section,
check all and add. This has to be done for all groups.

Maybe this is helpful. It's still a lot of work, but it's more a "select
all and click" job then compare two lists manually.

Stefan Bisitz