[LON-CAPA-users] File Upload

Stefan Bisitz lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 08 Apr 2009 16:40:13 +0200

Hi Mike,

There is are portfolio spaces - a course wide one and one for each
student.

1) Share files
a) Each student could upload his/her file in his/her own portfolio space
and make it public (different privileges possible). These files can be
accessed by the others by going to the personal information pages.
Making the course roster accessible to all course members is helpful
since a link to each personal page is provided there.

b) You, as Course Coordinator, can upload all the files in the course
wide portfolio space. Each student can access it via the main menu.

2) Rank
To let the students rank the files you can create surveys (needing
authoring privileges) or use a simple problem directly in the course.
Surveys are very similar to homework problems but give different
feedback and can't be got correct/incorrect, just submitted status.
Survey reports are also included in LON-CAPA.

Is this helpful?

Stefan Bisitz

On 08.04.2009, 10:16 -0400, Michael Kenney wrote:
Hi all....I have a request for some advice.

> I am in the process of collecting "projects" from my class. These may
take the form of Word docs, PowerPoint presentations, Video files, pdf,
etc. I have created an "upload doc" question so I can collect these.

> Here is the challenge. Is there a way that I can grant access to ALL
the other class users to view these presentations and rank them within
CAPA? I can do it on an external website but it would be very helpful to
keep it in one place.

> Thanks for any advice. I'll post some lessons learned AFTER I have
evaluated the projects from this class of 300 (Yes, I am a bit off ;-)