[LON-CAPA-users] Understanding formularesponses

Peter Riegler lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 08 Sep 2008 23:13:09 +0200

Ray Batchelor wrote:

> Thanks Justin and Peter.
> So the lesson is: to switch "on" data sampling even when there is no
> variable in the expression.

Yep. There is a similar situation where I use this frequently: Although
asa physicist I consider 0.2 and 1/5 two different things, in the
context of plain math I accept that both numbers are considered to be
equal. Now, numericalresonse does not accept 1/5. So when I want 1/5
accepted as well as 0.2, I use formularesponse with sampling w.r.t. a
dummy variable.

Peter

--
Peter Riegler
Fachhochschule Braunschweig/Wolfenbüttel