[LON-CAPA-users] drag math

H.K. Ng lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:56:41 -0400

Hi,

I am working on some formula/math response problems using the cas
function but had a hard time getting drag math to work properly. Here
are some of the issues.

1. On a new window, it doesn't seem to let me type in anything until
I click on one of the icons. This seems rather backward.

2. It seems to rearrange an expression in a strange way. For example,
if I type v^2+2g(a-b), it spits back (a-b)v^2+2.g.  It does the same
thing if I first enter the expression in the answer box and then
click on the pencil icon.

Has anyone has similar experience with drag math? Also, has anyone
use drag math in a course? What is the feedback from the students like?

Thanks,
-hk