[LON-CAPA-users] Question about formating for Exam mode - THANKS

Alison A Baski/FS/VCU lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:03:49 -0500

--=_alternative 006335A985257505_=

Hello,

Thank you for the information about adding the format argument into the
numericalresponse.   I had used a format statement when defining the
variables, but did not have a format argument in the response itself.
That fixed my Question #1!

I suppose Question #2 will simply require some recoding with page breaks.
Also, I have noticed that the numbers of questions in exam mode appear at
the END of the question if the text for the question is inside a
radiobutton response routine.  I suppose that is another quirk.

Alison

"Ray Batchelor" <batchelo@sfu.ca>
Sent by: lon-capa-users-admin@mail.lon-capa.org
11/18/2008 11:37 AM
Please respond to
lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
cc

Subject
Re: [LON-CAPA-users] Question about formating for Exam mode

Did you try setting the format argument on the numericalresponse to "3S"?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Alison A Baski/FS/VCU <aabaski@vcu.edu>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am tryiing to use the "exam" mode in order to create a multipe-choice
test
> from a folder of resources.   I have two questions:
>
> QUESTION #1
>>> For numerical response resources, the distractors in exam mode include
>>> numbers with too many significant figures that are obviously not
correct.
> For example:
> If the radius of a planet is 2000 km, then what is its circumference (to
3
> significant figures)?
> a. 10080     b. 12600    c. 15750   d. 19687.5000    e. 24609.3750
>
> I have tried to set the significant figures parameter to 3 but nothing
> changes.  Any suggestions?
>

> QUESTION #2
>>> For radio response resources, there is no return after the question
and
>>> before the first answer, unlike how it is displayed as a regular
resource.
> For example:
> What major element comprises the solid inner core of the Earth? A.
nickel

--
Raymond J. Batchelor, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry

--=_alternative 006335A985257505_=

adding the format argument into the numericalresponse. &nbsp; I had used
a format statement when defining the variables, but did not have a format
argument in the response itself.</font>
some recoding with page breaks. &nbsp;Also, I have noticed that the numbers
of questions in exam mode appear at the END of the question if the text
for the question is inside a radiobutton response routine. &nbsp;I suppose
that is another quirk.</font>
&lt;batchelo@sfu.ca&gt;</b> </font>
formating for Exam mode</font></table>
to &quot;3S&quot;?<br>
On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Alison A Baski/FS/VCU &lt;aabaski@vcu.edu&gt;
wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hello,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I am tryiing to use the &quot;exam&quot; mode in order to create a
multipe-choice test<br>
&gt; from a folder of resources. &nbsp; I have two questions:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; QUESTION #1<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; For numerical response resources, the distractors in exam
mode include<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; numbers with too many significant figures that are obviously
not correct.<br>
&gt; For example:<br>
&gt; If the radius of a planet is 2000 km, then what is its circumference
(to 3<br>
&gt; significant figures)?<br>
&gt; a. 10080 &nbsp; &nbsp; b. 12600 &nbsp; &nbsp;c. 15750 &nbsp; d. 19687.5000
&nbsp; &nbsp;e. 24609.3750<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I have tried to set the significant figures parameter to 3 but nothing<br>
&gt; changes. &nbsp;Any suggestions?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; QUESTION #2<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; For radio response resources, there is no return after the
question and<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; before the first answer, unlike how it is displayed as a regular
resource.<br>
&gt; For example:<br>
&gt; What major element comprises the solid inner core of the Earth? A.
nickel<br>
&gt; B. uranium<br>
&gt; C. iron<br>
&gt; D. lead<br>
&gt; E. plutonium<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Do I need to recode all of these problems with a return after the
question<br>
&gt; to fix this problem?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks for any help,<br>
&gt; Alison<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; *************************************************<br>
&gt; Dr. Alison Baski, Chair and Associate Professor<br>
&gt; Department of Physics<br>
&gt; Virginia Commonwealth University<br>
&gt; 701 W. Grace St..; &nbsp; Richmond, VA &nbsp;23284-2000<br>
&gt; Ph: 804-828-8295, Fax: 828-7073, aabaski@vcu.edu<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
-- <br>