[LON-CAPA-users] availability of problems

Bob Gonzales lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 27 May 2008 10:55:01 -0400

Hi,

I've got a general kind of question about the
availability of published problems.

Last week I was creating a new problem set and
I searched the loncapa network and came up with
17 problems that I decided to use.  I imported
them into a composite page and I can see all of
the names of all of the problems in 'edit contents'.
However, today when I went in to work on the answers
to the problems I can only see 10 of the 17 problems.

I re-searched for some of the missing problems
but when I tried to look at them from the search
screen I got 'not authorized' messages.  The
missing problems were from 4 different domains.

So, my question is:  How do I dare to use problems
from the loncapa network if they aren't always
available?

I hate to reinvent the wheel by coding all of
my own problems when there are so many great ones
out there already.  Based on my experience so far,
I don't dare to use anything that I didn't publish
myself.

Thanks,
Bob Gonzales
Binghamton University