[LON-CAPA-users] Conditional Sequence Help

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sun, 02 Mar 2008 16:04:59 -0700

Hi all,

We are doing some work with conditional sequences in LON-CAPA 2.6.2, and
have run into some unexpected, and for us unfortunate, behavior.  The
sequences consist of 3 or 4 resources, each some kind of problem except
for the last resource, which is an html page.

In the RAT, I've tried labeling each intermediate problem as "Regular",
"Mandatory" and "Optional."

The conditionals are all "Blocking this link if false" and simply check
to see if the previous problem has been answered.

When the sequence is imported into a course, the sequence itself works
great.

The problem is that the rest of the course "below" the sequence (as
viewed in the Navigation page) also becomes conditionally hidden until
the last condition is met.  Is this expected behavior?  Is it possible
to not have this happen (so I don't have to change the course structure
to keep things visible to students)?  What's the magic incantation?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Todd

--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics       Office:  Meyer Hall 326